Terms of Service
Terms of Service
§ 1. General provisions
The following terms written with initial capital letter shall, for the purposes of these terms of service,
be understood as follows:
- Terms of Service: these terms of service, available at https://satsback.com/en/terms, being the regulations referred to in Article 8 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services by electronic means (Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 144, item 1204 as amended);
- Service Provider or Satsback: Timechain sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Kraków, ul. Zabłocie 20/22, 30-701 Kraków, Poland, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs run by Sąd Rejonowy dla Krakowa Śródmieście in Kraków, XI Wydział‚ Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego under the KRS number: 0000800167, NIP: 6793188638, REGON: 384180504, being the provider of the services made available on the platform, referred to in point (c) below, who can be contacted by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected];
- Platform: a website available at www.satsback.com, owned by the Service Provider and the Satsback mobile application;
- Service: a service offered through the Platform;
- User: any natural person who uses the Platform and Services offered through it without any connection to his or her professional or business activity (consumer);
- Account: an account run for the User by the Service Provider under an individual login and password-protected, being a collection of resources, in which the User's personal data and information about his or her activities within the Platform are collected;
- Satsback Reward: a reward expressed in a fraction of a bitcoin (so-called satoshi or sats);
- Partner: an entrepreneur offering access to the opportunity, as defined in letter i below, through the Platform;
- Opportunity: a promotional purchase offer offered by the Partner, thanks to which the User may receive the Satsback Reward specified by the Partner and the regulations of the offer;
- Satsback Service: a free service that allows Users to access the Opportunities offered by the Partners.
The subject of the Terms of Service is to determine:
- rules of operation of the Platform;
- rules of providing Services;
- The User declares that he or she acknowledges that the Platform is in beta and that minor errors in its operation are possible.
§ 2. Using the Platform
- The Platform is brought to the Users with the aim of providing the Satsback Service, consisting in the return of the part of the value of purchases in the form of Opportunities made by the User from Partners in a form of the Satsback Award.
- Satsback Service is free of charge for Users, the Service Provider charges commission from Partners.
- The access and the use of the Platform within the site is free of charge.
- The use of the Platform is not related to specific risks associated with the use of services provided by electronic means, with the exception of the risks commonly encountered when using the Internet. Irrespective of that, it is recommended to use antivirus software in order to minimize the introduction of a harmful software into the User's IT system by unauthorized persons.
§ 3. Rights and obligations
The Service Provider reserves the right to:
- the temporary unavailability of the Service, due to renovation or upgrading the Platform;
- sending e-mails to the Users of the Service, in cases related to the Services, which do not constitute commercial or marketing information;
- the termination of the Account's maintenance Service in case of the lack of login within a period of 6 months, after the User has been given an additional period of time to carry out activities on the Platform;
- the termination of the Services.
- The Service Provider is not liable for the obligations of Partners offering Opportunities via the Platform, the delivery of goods, the warranty for the goods delivered or the payout of the commission.
The User is obliged to:
- use the Platform in accordance with its purpose;
- refrain from actions which could negatively affect the Platform or computer systems of the Service Provider or making any interference in the Platform;
- refrain from conducting hacker attacks;
- refrain from providing unlawful content.
§ 4. Creation and maintenance of the Account
- The registration of the Account within the Platform is free of charge and consists in filling in a registration form.
- During the registration process, the person shall in particular provide an e-mail address and a password, using which he or she will be able to login to his or her Account and his or her name.
- The registration can be made by a natural person who, in accordance with his or her native law, has full legal capacity and has accepted the Terms of Service. If the legal capacity of such a person is limited, the consent of his or her statutory representative according to the generally applicable provisions of the law, applicable to the person concerned, is required for the registration.
- The Account cannot be transferred to another person without the prior consent of the Service Provider expressed at least in the form of an e-mail.
- After completing the registration form, a message containing the Account's activation link will be sent to the e-mail address provided during registration. The conclusion of an agreement for the maintenance of the User's Account takes place at the moment of clicking on the activation link.
- The agreement is concluded for an indefinite period of time.
- The User may at any time resign from using the Services by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- The Service Provider deletes the User's Account within 14 days of receiving this e-mail, which is equivalent to the termination of the agreement. The Service Provider may terminate the Account's maintenance agreement if the User violates the generally applicable law or the provisions of the Terms of Service. Account deletion by the Service Provider may take place after the Service Provider has sent the User, to the e-mail address provided by him or her during the registration process, a warning about the possibility of deleting the Account within not less than 72 hours.
The Satsback Rewards accumulated in the Users Account expire in case of:
- the deletion of the User's Account by the Service Provider as a result of a violation of the Terms of Service, after
- the User has been given an additional period of time to cease breaking the Terms of Service;
- the deletion of the Account due to the lack of login within a period of 6 months, after the User has been given an additional period of time to perform activities within the Platform.
From the moment of creating the Account and accepting the Terms of Service, the User is obliged to:
- act in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Service;
- comply with generally applicable law;
- keep confidential individual data enabling login to his or her Account;
- refrain from entering content on the Platform that is unlawful, violates the rights of third parties or intellectual property rights.
§ 5. Limitation of the Service Provider's liability
- Even though the highest standards of security were applied in securing the server, Satsback is not liable for temporary and unexpected malfunctions of the Platform caused by hacker attacks, random circumstances, natural disasters, force majeure or other circumstances beyond the Service Providers control.
- The Platform does not store, send or receive bitcoins or parts thereof. Transfer of the ownership to bitcoin or part of it takes place each time in a decentralized network, and not within the Platform's IT infrastructure.
The Service Provider is not liable for damages or claims arising from:
- providing third parties with login data to the Users Account as a result of an intentional action or a failure to exercise due diligence by the User;
- payment orders to the erroneous address of the bitcoin wallet, removal of the wallet or malfunctions in its operation, including its technical failures or caused by third parties;
- transaction costs related to the payout of the Reward to the User's external wallet;
- actions and omissions of the Partners, their bankruptcy or actions contrary to the generally applicable law.
- The Service Provider shall not be held liable for any services or goods purchased on Partner websites, their quality, delivery, guarantee service or warranty and other claims related to services or goods purchased on the Partners websites via the Platform.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for the improper calculation of commission or the lack of commission as a result of actions beyond the Service Provider's control, for example: improper operation of Partners websites, non-standard actions of the User within the Platform or Partners websites (e.g. consisting in repeated refreshing of websites), continuation of purchases on Partners websites after the lack of activity on the website or other behaviors or technical anomalies that may affect the operation of the Platform.
§ 6. Satsback Service
- The User may use any number of Opportunities offered by unrelated Partners via the Platform.
- The basis for calculating the value of the Satsback Reward is the net value of the purchases excluding shipping costs, taxes, packaging or additional services such as the extended guarantee. The Partner offering the Opportunity has a right to determine the basis for calculating the value of the Satsback Reward in detail and to exclude products, services or groups of products or services from the Opportunity.
- The maximum Satsback Reward paid out on a one-off basis may amount to the equivalent of PLN 2 000.
- The maximum amount that the User may receive on a one-off basis as the Satsback Reward for participating in the Opportunity offered by the Partner during a single transaction is the amount of bitcoin corresponding to the equivalent of PLN 2 000.
- The Satsback Reward for participation in the Opportunity can be paid out immediately after the Partner confirms the transaction and confirms its final amount. This period may vary depending on the Partner and selected services. As a rule, it is not shorter than the period during which the User is entitled to withdraw from the agreement concluded with the Partner.
- The amount of the Satsback Reward given on the day of purchase within the Opportunity offered by the Partner is indicative. The final amount of the Satsback Reward is determined on the basis of the exchange rate between the Fiat and the cryptic bitcoin on the day referred to in section 5 above.
- In the event of deleting the User's Account by the Service Provider, the User's ability to participate in the Opportunities ceases on the date of deleting the Account. The payout of the funds that had been accumulated by the User before the Account was deleted takes place within 5 business days of the end of the period referred to in section 5 above.
In order to use the Satsback Service, it is necessary to:
- have an active User Account;
- have Adblock or similar software disabled;
- log in to the Platform and until the transaction is completed on the Partner's website, do not delete cookies and other website data in the browser;
- select the Opportunity offered by the Partner on the Platform and complete the transaction on the Partner's website.
In order to pay out the Satsback Reward, it is necessary to:
- have an active mobile Lighting Network wallet with LNURL technology support (e.g. Blue Wallet or Wallet of Satoshi);
- go to the Users panel and select the "Request a payout" button so as to go to the section "Payout";
- check the amount of the Satsback Reward available for payout and request a payout of the Satsback Reward;
- the QR code should appear on the screen, which should be scanned with the device;
- Satoshi should appear on the Users wallet within a few seconds.
- The Service Provider informs that sending the Satsback Reward to the User's wallet may involve costs related to the transaction support by the wallet provider or the Lighting Network protocol.
§ 7. Minimum technical requirements
In order to use the Platform, the User has to possess:
- a PC, a smartphone with the latest software updates installed (iOS ver. 9.3 or newer and Android ver. 4.1 or newer), a tablet or other mobile device used for browsing the websites;
- an active internet connection;
- an up-to-date version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge;
- enabled cookies;
- disabled Adblock or similar software.
- In order to use the Satsback Service, it is necessary to: have a mobile Lightning Network wallet that supports "lnurl" technologies (e.g. Blue Wallet, Breeze Wallet or Wallet of Satoshi); have a mobile device that supports application with the Lightning Network mobile wallet and scans QR codes.
§ 8. The complaint handling policy
- The User may submit a complaint by sending a message to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
The complaint should contain:
- the e-mail address used when creating the account and the User's data;
- the description of the defect in the operation of the Service and the possibly exact time of its occurrence;
- the order reference number for the reported transaction.
- The complaint will be considered by the Service Provider within 14 working days of its submission. In the event of an inaccurate description of the defect, the Service Provider may request clarification of the complaint and the course of a time limit starts on the day of the completion of missing information.
§ 9. Dispute resolution
- The User who is a consumer has the right to use out-of-court complaint handling and claiming. Among other things, such User has the right to apply to a permanent amicable consumer court to resolve a dispute arising from the concluded agreement.
- In the event of disputes, the Service Provider encourages amicable solutions, in particular by means of the platform https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=PL
- Detailed information on out-of-court redress methods is available on the website at www.uokik.gov.pl. The Service Provider declares that it does not apply the code of good practices referred to in the Act of 23 August 2007 on counteracting unfair market practices.
- Potential litigations will be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the Service Provider, except when the User is a consumer.
§ 10. Personal data protection and cookies policy
- The User is obliged to apply appropriate organizational and technical measures to minimize the risk of loss of integrity, confidentiality and availability of personal data.
§ 11. Right of withdrawal
- The User who is a consumer is entitled to withdraw from the agreement without giving any reason within 14 days of the conclusion of the agreement.
- In order to withdraw from the agreement, the User who is a consumer must make a statement to the Service Provider. For this purpose, the User may use a model statement: "Being aware of the consequences of withdrawal, I hereby declare that by virtue of my right I withdraw from the agreement between me and Timechain sp. z o.o., but this is not obligatory.
§ 12. Final provisions
- The Terms of Service comes into force on 15.05.2020.
- In the event that any of the provisions of the Terms of Service proves to be invalid, ineffective, illegal or unenforceable in whole or in part, this circumstance will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service.
- To matters not covered by the Terms of Service, the provisions of Polish law shall apply. In case of Users who are consumers, the choice of law does not deprive the protection granted under the provisions that cannot be excluded by an agreement under the law of the country in which the consumer has his or her habitual residence.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to make changes in the Terms of Service due to important reasons, after informing the Users via the Platformâ€™s website and e-mail, not later than 14 days before coming into force of planned changes.
- Before the amendments to the Terms of Service enter into force, the User might object to the proposed changes and terminate the service agreement.
- The content of the Terms of Service is available to the User free of charge, the User may save the content of the Terms of Service on his or her device or print it. The Service Provider informs that using the Platform through a web browser, including the use of the Services and the Satsback Service, may involve the cost of connection to the Internet (data transfer fee) in accordance with the tariff package of the Users service provider.